Official Committees’ Kicks up Zanzibar Tourism Show 2018.
Hon. Mahmoud Thabit Kombo, Minister of Information, Tourism and Heritage appoints technical committee, Steering Committee and Jury for Zanzibar Tourism Show and Awards which will take place from 17th October till 20th October 2018 at Hotel Verde in Zanzibar. The show will be inaugurated by His Excellency Dr. Ali Mohamed Shein, President of Zanzibar and Chairman of The Revolutionary Council.
This year’s theme is “Responsible Tourism for Better and Greener Tomorrow”
“Hon. Mahmoud Thabit Kombo, Minister of Information, Tourism and Heritage and Mr. Edwin N. Rutageruka General Director of Tan Trade”
The new committee appointment is as follows:
- Dr. Vuai Iddi Lila – Chairman (Zanzibar Commission for Tourism)
- Javed Jafferji – Vice Chairmain (Director Zanzi Promotions)
- Julia Bishop – Secretary (Vice Chairman ZATI)
- Hassan Ali Mzee – Member (ZATO Chairman)
- Nicolas Chedro – Member (GM Park Hyatt)
- Shariff A Shariff – Member (ZIPA)
- Dr Juma Mohd Salum – Member (Ministry of Information, Tourism and Heritage)
- Mohamed Mbwana Mkadara – Member (TANTRADE)
- Bibi. Sabah Saleh Ali – Chairman (Zanzibar Commission for Tourism)
- Adnan Abbas – Member (MD – Zanzi Promotions)
- Sabra Juma Nassor – Member (Event Coordinator-Zanzi Promotions)
- Donna Da Silva – Member (Event Organizer – Zanzi Promotions)
- Anwar Alex – Member (Private Sector – Hotel Verde)
Jury for Tourism Award
- Bibi. Sabah Saleh Ali- Chairman (Zanzibar Commission for Tourism)
- Julia Bishop – Vice Chairman (Private sector ZATI)
- Dr Miraj Ukuti Ussi – Secretary (Zanzibar Commission for Tourism)
- Ahmed Makame Haji – Member (Ministry of Finance/Commisioner for Zanzibar Commision For Tourism)
- Andrea Boero – Member (Private sector – Luxury Short Safaris)
- Nicolas Konig – Member (GM Melia Zanzibar)
- Yves Montel – Member (Tourism Consultant)
- Omar Mmad Mwarabu – Member (Freelance Lawyer)
The committee consists of people from government sector, private sectors, and associations. These members have a strong experience in the travel and tourism and will form a technical committee, Steering Comimittee and Awards Committee for Zanzibar tourism Show and also Zanzibar Tourism Awards 2018. The Zanzibar Tourism show will be executed by Zanzi Promotions.
The minister has led the first meeting which took on 19th July, 2018, in his office and have askedthe committees to work on so that that first inauragral show will be successful and will then enhance and promote tourism sector in Zanzibar. He said “I am confident of this team which is both from government and private sectors who will guide and formulate this show”.
Zanzibar Tourism is of utmost importance to Zanzibars’ economy, and the Minister of Information, Tourism and Heritage, Hon. Mahmoud Thabit Kombo has announced the commencement of a new tourism show to promote the tourism in Zanzibar.